Jack has been an emergency responder & consultant since 1986. Jack currently serves as an All Hazard Incident Commander (IC)(UC) as well as several other positions on the Command and General Staff (Safety Officer, Operations Section Chief, Logistic Section Chief, Air Operations Unit Lead, Resource Unit Lead and Documentation Unit Lead for the following teams:
- Maritime Fire Safety Association (MFSA) (Columbia River)
- Washington State Maritime Cooperative (WSMC)
- Witt O'Brien's Emergency Management Team
- Gallagher Marine Systems IMT.
He has worked in the petroleum transportation and refining industry for over 35 years. While working for Mobil Oil Company he was trained and certified as the team leader for the San Francisco based Mobile Oil Response Activation Team, (M.O.R.A.T.). (Petroleum Tank Truck Rollover Recovery Team)
Jack has also been a volunteer firefighter (Lieutenant) for over 18 years both in California and Oregon. Received the Life Time Member Award with McKenzie Fire & Rescue in (2017).
He is certified by the State of California (CSTI)(OES) as a Hazardous Materials Technician Specialist Instructor with all five specialties:
- Highway Transportation
- Rail Transportation
- Air Transportation
- Ship Transportation
- In Plant Facilities
Jack has developed curriculum taught to personal from the:
- U.S. Military in Iraq
- U.S. Coast Guard
- Clean Rivers Cooperative
- BP, Chevron, Exxon-Mobil, Kinder Morgan (US)(Canada), Tesoro
- F.O.S.S. Environmental, NRCES
- Microchip, Entek International
- Alaska Tankers, Crowley Marine
- TTM Technologies, Westek of Oregon
- The Industrial Emergency Council, and Regional Hazmat Teams from California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Utah and Canada.